Tuesday, May 13, 2008

99 hours left!!

Yes, I'm counting the hours I have left till I'm home :-) I've even already begun packing my bags today as well...Yippy! I'm so happy I remained patient and stuck it out here. I really learned some valuable skills along the way. Tomorrow I'll be doing a skills exam and will be getting checked off of on many of the skills that are required by Narm!! I'm pretty excited about that. Each step is bringing me closer to my goal.

Lately I've really been putting alot of thought into exactly what type of midwife I want to be and in which capacity I feel drawn to serve in. My dream has been to open up a birth center in the next few years serving woman both at the center and at home. However, I'm finding that I have an intense desire to do more humanitarian work in areas like Africa or possibly the Middle East. I've also been thinking alot about becoming a Naturopathic physician in addition to my CPM...It's actually something I've contemplated for years. I decided to volunteer working at the Brannick Clinic in Berwyn 1-2 a week, beginning next week. It's an incredible clinic ran by one of the most wonderful Naturipathic physicians I know (she's actually my doc). They provide care for both children and adults, including well woman care, massage, colonics, etc. Dr. Brannick was thrilled that I was interested in volunteering and has welcomed me with open arms!!

Anyhow, I miss all of you a bunch and cant wait to see you all when I get back home!! Thanks again for staying updated on my little blog while I was here. I may post again if something exciting happens but if not then this will be it. Much love to all of you...Mmmmwwaaaaa!

C-ya back in Chi-town!!

Hugs,
Kim

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like an amazing trip with more to come!! I love that it has inspired you to do service work! Looking forward to hearing more when you get home!

Anonymous said...

cant wait till you get back Kim and you get to see how big Seven has gotten. Does your naturo take united insurance do you know? I would really prefer to go to a naturo over a allopath anyday of the week. I think it's a great idea for you to become a naturopath as well as a CPM, then you can be my doc and my midwife BONUS.

Kimberly said...

Not sure if she accepts that type of insurance. I'd be happy to ask when I get back home and let you know though.