Monday, May 5, 2008

I think i can, I think I can, choo-choo...

Okay, there's been a slight change in plans. I've decided to extend my stay at Casa for just a few extra days. I paid for an entire month so I figured I should take advantage of the time I paid for. When I initialy made my arrangments I realized that Mothers day was on the 11th, being the sap that I am I thought there was no way I could be away from my kids over Mothers day so I decided to cut my stay a few days short here. After going over the schedule with one of the midwives here she made me realize what a not so wise idea it would be to leave 6 days early...She pointed out to me that i'd be missing out on almost an entire week of shifts - Which is alot more hands on experience (again, that I already paid for). I'm here so I'm just going to suck it up and do it. I was already begining to pack my bags :-( I cant believe I'm staying longer, wow! I remember when I first arrived here I called my husband and asked him to find me the next flight out of this hell hole. I then phoned Tracey (my prior preceptor & friend) and cried my heart out...ha-ha-ha! I never said I was rational or sane! I'll now be getting home on the 17th.

Sending my love to you all. Keep me if your thoughts and prayers and send lots of good baby catching energy my way!

BTW - Did I mention to you all that I ruptured my very first bag of waters...I never thought I'd say this but it was sssoooo cool! Of course I dont plan on making a habit out of it but I can so see why docs love this stuff. I can now "offically" sign off on that skill for NARM. Corny,I know but it's the name of the game.

Hugs,

~Kim

3 comments:

jen said...

oh, wow, an extra week! it's ok.... everyday is mother's day, don't you know that? :) i'm so so so proud of you, kim.... you are my birth hero, truly.


~jen

Kimberly said...

LOL...Thanks Jen! Steve just might need some extra help now that my plans have changed slightly. Whenever your up for taking the boys for a few hours let me know. I greatly appreciate the offer earlier, it really means alot.

~Kim

Anonymous said...

Guess we'll havea 9 week visit instead lol. Hope you catch lots more babies