Friday, April 11, 2008

And so I begin...

I promised I would make a gallent effort to blog my journey and experience while down in Texas during my midwifery internship. Although I cannot promise a daily blog I will attempt to write and check in as often as I can. I suppose all the people that really love me will check in frequently and comment on my blogspot often! Those of you that dont, I will have to reconsider our friendship once I return from Texas :-)My flight is set to leave early Sunday morning at 6am (4/13/08) and I should arrive in El Paso Texas at around 12:15pm. I'm ssooo nervous!! I've never been away from my kids for such an extended period of time, I hope things go smoothly for Steve & the kids while I'm away. My control freak side of me has emerged and reared it's ugly head as it always does right before I leave for a trip or plan a big event...I become a super duper drama queen during this time. I plan to combat that though tomorrow with lots of rescue remedy and maybe a mid afternoon margarita.Till tomorrow my friends!Buenas Noches,Kim

9 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so excited for you! I look forward to reading your posts.

Tama said...

I am excited for you. I think you are going to do great!! I can not wait to see where your career leads you. I am also excited for all of those future moms and babies that get the honor of you being at their birth.

Tama

jen said...

yay!!!

jq blissful birth said...

I am so proud of you, Kim! Sending all of my positive energy, inspiration for your adventure ahead and wishes for moments of incredible clarity and wisdom as you experience all that your amazing journey holds for you. We're behind you all the way!
Love,
Jacque

Unknown said...

I am so proud of you for figuring out how you need to proceed with your vision and often times making tough choices.

Remember what you are going for to learn and keep hold of the things that are already true in your heart.

I can't wait to see you in May!

T.

Barbara Harper said...

Hi Kim....
The time will pass so quickly and you are going to be right in the thick of your calling that you may not even notice the passing of one day into the other. You will be a treasured asset to the women there in El Paso.
Read Ephesians 6:10 and be sure to put on the full armor of God every single day. I will be in pray for you, Steve and the kids every day while you are in Texas and know that you will have a productive and completely blessed experience.
Love and hugs,
Barbara

Anonymous said...

We'll miss you Kim, cant wait to hear all about your journey at CASA.

Barb said...

What a wonderful and exciting opportunity for you. It is great you have so much support at home so you can realize your dream. Good luck, and I know you will come back with even more to give.
Barb

Hattie and Mike said...

We're so proud of you and happy to see you pursuing your passion! Can't wait to hear more about this amazing experience.

Love,
Hattie and Mike