Sunday, April 13, 2008

I'm here!

Hola everyone! I've made it to El Paso. I arrived at the birth center at around 1:30pm, unpacked my belongings and got acquainted with most of the interns here. I'm choosing to get some decent rest tonight as I'm running on only an hour & a half of sleep...Yes, I waited till 9:30pm the night before my 6am flight to BEGIN packing. Ahhh, well...old habits die hard I guess. I start my first shift tomorrow morning at 8am...Yikes! All new interns are instructed to be a fly on the wall and ONLY observe the first few births that they attend here. I've already been forewarned that birth is different here...It will be NOTHING like homebirth, woman will push their babies out flat on their backs in the oh so famous famous McRoberts position and I need to pretty much keep my mouth shut and not say a GD thing about it...So I wont. I'm choosing to stay positive and not expect a horrible experience here...otherwise I'm sure that's what I'll get. So far everyone has been super friendly. It is so like being in Mexico, of course Juarez Mexico is only right over the bridge. I brought by passport and plan to take a bike ride into Mexico on my day off. I hear they have a fabulous little market there. I promised my boys that I'd bring them home a gift - Keenan has requested coyboy boots and Jacob wants a bow & arrow...I think I'll get them some Maracas and call it a day :-)

Okay - I need to get some rest. Thanks for all your support and love. I promise to update as I can.

Love,
Kim

I do want to say that for client confidentiality reasons I will not be disclosing names or details of anyones birth experience

It's a pretty strange fee

No comments: