Wednesday, April 16, 2008

The Zombie Shift

Okay, so today I'm on for a full 24 hr shift! I've been taking "citas" all day (remember that means appointment). I'm on a two hour break right now. Things have been going pretty good - No birth yet!!! Can you believe it?! We have alot of mamas due right now though...I think there all holding out to bombard us together. I'm already getting signed off on alot of my NARM skills, that feels really good. I cant wait to be done with all of this and get my CPM. When I do pass my NARM test people Im having a HUGE celebration partay and everyone's invited!!

I've been much better with taking care of myself - Yes, I'm eating and drinking water Jen! Sleep is difficult though here. I miss home sssooo much, staying busy helps the time pass. My Spanish is getting much better. When your submersed in it and doing prenatals by yourself you learn rather quickly. My conscious will not allow a woman to go with less then optimal care due to my own language barrier so I'm learning as I go. Today I told a woman that "lo siento, Mi espanol muy Sangre" Which means "I'm sorry my spanish is very BLOOD" she laughed...I meant to say Malo (bad). The woman are sweet and so paitent with me as I read verbatum out of my spanish/english dictionary and spanish for midwives book.

I guess I should get going now before my entire lunch passes me by...Till next time!

Love,
Kim

3 comments:

Natasha said...

I am so proud of you Kim.. what a blessing you are to those lives you touch! I look forward to learning about your journey. You will gain so much from this time, and enjoy the connections you make.

We love you so much and if we can do/send you anything, just let me know.

Natasha & Milo (who turned 2 today!!!!0

Kimberly said...

Thanks Tash...Hmmm...Homemade cookies sound delightful :-)

Cant wait to see you when I get back in town...Thanks for the love!

Hugs,
Kim

Anonymous said...

Woo hoo party sounds awsome ;^)