Sunday, April 20, 2008




Hi everyone,

I needed some time to decompress from all the activity here before I could post again. I definitely feel I'm in a much better place today then I was the day prior. I woke up this morning with a sense of peace and clarity about being here at Casa. I'm going to try my best to stick it out because the reality of it all is that I will more then likely learn alot here if I just keep my mouth shut. I don't have to agree with the way they do things here (cause I don't)and that's OKAY! I've already learned so much about myself in the week I've been here and that in itself has been worth the money I paid. I still wouldn't personally recommend Casa to anybody though...It really does suck ass here. They treat the interns like crap and can be very confrontational & demeaning. Not very conducive to a learning environment to say the least. It's bootcamp birth though and of course bootcamp is hard but I will hopefully walk away from all of this with stronger skills that I can choose to use when appropriate. Were going to be doing an IV skills workshop soon as well as an incredible full day suturing class. Obviously both good skills to have in case you ever really need them. I'm also getting really good at my cervical checks...Yippy!

You know, I was thinking about it and I've probably had my fingers in more vagina's lately then all the men I've known have had combined! Just a thought that crossed my mind as I was typing...Anyway...

So today I went to Juarez, Mexico. I had a great time! We walked into Mexico...about a 45 minute walk from Casa. I had some traditional Mexican flautas & frijoles and of course the Coke a Cola in Mexico is the bomb! I also enjoyed a Frutas Fresca - Which is a tall glass of fresh fruit juice...mmmmmm! I love the colors, sights and sounds of Mexico. The people are so friendly and greet you with a big huge smile. My pasty self should have brought some sunscreen with me but didn't, needles to say I got a little burned :-)It was really a neat experience to walk into Mexico, I've never done that before.

Well enjoy the pics...I will update again soon!

Love,
Kim

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

glad you are feeling better about being there. You are looking great, your trip into Mexico sounds like a blast.

Kimberly said...

Thanks Alyssa...It was fun, just hot as hell! I have a funky sunburn now on my neck and arms...total farmers tan. I'm such a pasty white girl :-(

dedo586 said...

Hey kim its me your lil sis, I just read All of your entries and want you to know I'm happy ur feeling a lil better about things there. I love you and miss you very much and so does Makaylee. She wants to know when your coming back so she can spend the night, lol. Anyway, I hope to hear from you soon and just wanted to let you know we all love you and miss you a lot!!

Kimberly said...

Hey Krys, I'm happy to see you got the email with my blog info. Thanks for the love & support, it really means alot. Tell Makaylee she can stay with me the first week I get back home, I have a gift for her at Nate as well!Stay tuned on my blog...I plan on updating often.

Your sis,
Kim